Thursday, October 09, 2008

From May to October

May was for Maidenhead, and October is next !
So what ! I've been lazy, and I really have no excuse except that I needed to take a break from building and painting.
As for building, I actually bought the latest moulds from Hirst Arts and toyed with some pipe projects but haven't painted anything yet.
As for miniatures, I am currently busy buying a lot of Ilyad Games miniatures from the "Le Retour des Dieux" and Chroniques de la Lune Noire" ranges : those are fantastic resin figures, among the best ever sculpted( especially the Vorag Barbarians); unfortunately they were quite pricey and apparently did not receive the commercial success they deserved, so this French company disappeared. Now these figures have become collectors items and I was lucky enough to find some rare ones here and there; some I got really cheap and try to sell them on ebay to recoup the total cost..the hunt goes on !
Contestwise, I took some new shots of my Basti warband + the lovely priestess to see on http://www.crocodilegames.com/newforum/index.php?showtopic=4216 and
http://www.crocodilegames.com/newforum/index.php?showtopic=4212 under Art-de-Vivre.
Given the other entries, I won't be able to win anything, but I'm quite happy with my minis anyway.
October is also Halloween season with its famous Rotten Harvest contest from Wyrd Miniatures : as usual I can't really say what I'm working on this time but a few monsters and minis are on the way, so be prepared !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home